I was born and raised in Upstate South Carolina where God saved me, called me into the ministry and in missions particular and taught me how to trust Him. He brought me through cancer and I praise Him for that. He led me to Mid-America Baptist Theological Seminary in Cordova, TN for my Masters. During seminary my wife and I got married. God lead us to Japan by learning about Ralph and Stella Cox and by me researching Japan during seminary and by burdening our hearts for Japan as we learned about the culture.
Japan is a spiritually very dark country
• Less than half of 1% of the population is Protestant Christian
• Many would consider themselves Buddhist and/or Shinto but most do not practice any religion.
There is an extreme amount of pressure put on young people to succeed:
• An estimated 700,000 or more Japanese young people isolate themselves and never leave their homes or engage with society in an attempt to avoid such pressure.
Others find themselves in utter despair and hopelessness:
• The number one cause of death among young people between the ages of 15 and 34 is suicide
• Which means, on average, one Japanese person commits suicide every 15 minutes.
Primary Prayer Request:
For us to keep our eyes on Christ and continue to seek Him and pursue His righteousness in our lives. Also, pray that we will make the right contacts who want to partner in the ministry to which God is doing in Japan.