Job Opening - Development Officer, West Region
The Development Officer works with the Ministry Advancement team to connect with current and prospective higher capacity donors in order to engage them as support partners in TEAM’s work around the globe.
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with current and potential donors, usually with an assigned area, with a focus on building a caseload of high capacity donors and prospects. Assigned areas could be geographic or an area of specialization including but not necessarily limited to private foundation relationships, corporate development, church engagement, planned giving, or other channels of funding.
- Help and encourage donors to grow in matters of biblical stewardship.
- Invite donors to give to TEAM’s Global Outreach (GO) fund to support the overall ministry of TEAM.
- Plan and implement activities that win, keep, and lift those donors as key partners in TEAM’s work.
- Engage donors in world missions through activities such as events, donor-vision trips, and ministry briefings as developed by ministry advancement staff.
- Consider areas of donor interest and TEAM’s priorities to invite donors to give to ministry projects.
- Develop and maintain a big-picture understanding of TEAM, constantly seeking to improve the ways in which TEAM builds relationships with current and potential major donors.
- Maintain consistent communication with their caseload of donors, moving them through the stages of qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate donor information in the donor database, including notes from all donor contacts.
- Build relationships with missionaries in an assigned area, understanding their work, the projects and ministries they are managing, and assisting as needed in their funding processes.
- Manage activities within an agreed expense budget.
- Meet with peers and supervisor in regular meetings for collaboration, reporting, planning, administrative matters, and prayer.
- Engage with missionaries, alumni, churches, recruits and other stakeholders as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience engaging major donors and successful resource development for nonprofit organizations. Experience in a Christian mission agency or similar ministry is a plus.
- Great relational ability—someone who loves people and gains satisfaction from helping people meet their spiritual and philanthropic goals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A working knowledge of global missions.
- Basic knowledge of and experience in handling donor awareness and engagement with various planned giving instruments, including but not limited to bequests, annuities, and trusts; basic knowledge of the legal issues surrounding such instruments. Personal legal experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
This position is located in the West Coast or Pacific Northwest region of the U.S.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Mail: Human Resources Manager, 400 S. Main Place, Carol Stream, IL 60188