Job Opening-Human Resources Manager
Administer human resource policies, programs, and practices, including planning, organizing, developing, implementing, and coordinating. This role exists in the context of TEAM's personnel group, which provides HR services, staff development and training, and other employment services to both U.S. staff and international missionaries.
- Foster a culture in TEAM that reflects TEAM's core values
- Recruitment and oreientation of new staff
- Maintain TEAM’s staff HR data and systems, including accurate employee timekeeping records and all forms used by HR. Work with TEAM’s payroll specialist to prepare payroll
- Work with TEAM’s in-house attorney and the Personnel Director to maintain an up-to-date staff employee handbook
- Stay current with governmental HR laws and regulations that affect TEAM and suggest changes to policy and practice as needed
- Participate in the process of staff development by assessing needs, evaluating in-house training resources and tracking staff development efforts
- Develop a volunteer program that benefits both TEAM and those who volunteer
- Provide public information such as verifying employment.
- Do HR internal audits and rectify any deficiencies that come to light
- Monitor unemployment claims, worker compensation claims, and other legal HR issues
- Receive and act on employee complaints or grievances
- Other tasks that occasionally arise
KEY SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Qualified Candidates will have a Bachelor’ s degree in business, human resources, or related field of study, 3-5 years of experience in a human resources management position, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Professional in Human Resources (PHR) designation desirable.
- Excellent knowledge of employee benefits programs
- Good sense of humor, quick to laugh
- Preferred experience with UltiPro and online onboarding tools.
- Preferred background and experience with nonprofit organization, ideally a religious ministry.
Please submit application (below), cover letter, and resume to:
Mail: Human Resources Manager, 400 S. Main Place, Carol Stream, ILL 60188