Job Opening - Missions Coach
The purpose of the Missions Coach role is to contribute to the mobilization of Christ’s church to Great Commission obedience by bringing about increased involvement, understanding and commitment to missions generally and TEAM in particular. This is a ministerial position and the following ministry-related qualifications are of paramount importance:
- Able to cast a biblical missions vision for those presently unengaged in missions
- Able to provide godly coaching and direction to those presently moving towards missionary service
- Able to assess missionary candidate’s spiritual maturity and readiness for international service with TEAM
- Able to resource and serve the local church in their efforts to mobilize their own people towards missionary service
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
- Stay informed of needs and opportunities within TEAM
- Represent TEAM and recruit new missionaries from resource pools such as campuses, churches, missions focused groups, etc.
- Respond quickly and appropriately to people inquiring about service with TEAM
- Actively maintain relationships with potential missionaries
- Wisely coach candidates as they seek and obey God’s direction
- Work with potential missionaries to identify appropriate opportunities within TEAM
- Work with field missionaries to provide excellent personnel to fulfill their ministry needs
- Interview and assess missionary candidates
- Handle logistics for travel, events, vision trips, etc.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of activities and interaction with contacts according to TEAM’s established mobilization procedures
- Continually learn and develop core competencies of the missions coach role. These areas include but are not limited to:
- Use of Salesforce, TEAM’s Customer Relation Management system
- Assessment of Biblical Beliefs for TEAM applicants
- Interviewing and assessment of individual’s or couple’s readiness for international ministry
- Understanding of TEAM’s international ministries
- Customer Service
- Willingly travel as needed for the job
REQUIRED MINISTRY-RELATED QUALIFICATIONS
The Missions Coach:
- Must be a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ
- Must be in fellowship with a Bible-believing church
- Must personally embrace TEAM’s purpose, vision, values and statement of faith
- Will possesses the desire to make an impact for Christ through involvement in world missions
- Have previous recruitment experience (preferred)
- Demonstrates humility, teachability, and an ability to work well with others
- Will have a servant’s heart and a calling to resource missionaries and those interested in missions
- Loves God and people with a fervency that evokes passion for missions
- Is a team player, good listener and has the ability to coach people in their missionary call
- Is accountable, organized and self-motivated
- Is creative with advanced interpersonal and communication skills
- Is actively involved in a discipleship relationship and has experience in discipling others
- Is affirmed by the local body of believers in the following: a clear calling towards missions and mobilization; a mature and growing walk with the Lord; a growing skill set towards accomplishing this calling in their present context
- Able to effectively relate the importance of missions in individual and group settings
- Successfully completed an undergraduate degree with a preferred focus in Religion/Missions and/or Communications and Recruitment
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in person, in writing and on the phone
- Able to appropriately manage relationships with inquiries and applicants to TEAM
- Able to easily and effectively establish and maintain relationships
- Able to contribute positively as part of a Mobilization Team through the collaboration of ideas and tasks, encouragement and input towards fellow team members, willing to carry the workload, eager to participate in team meetings and activities
- Able to engage pastors and church staff in missionary sending and care
- Functions well both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrates enough technological proficiency to:
- effectively manage a heavy email load
- communicate through email and video conferencing
- keep accurate records of inquiries, meetings, etc.
- Able to track the details related to scheduling, budgets, mobilization events, follow-up, etc.
- Able to assess and interview candidates through all stages of the mobilization process and for all lengths of service
- Able to pay attention to details and discern issues that would be potential flags/risks
- Able to ask insightful and probing questions
- Able to manage time and prioritize work-related tasks both effectively and efficiently
- Comprehend and speak English with the general public and co-workers
- Bible & theology – Needs to have a broad knowledge and understanding of God’s word and how to apply it to life and ministry as well as a solid foundation of the core and essential doctrines of the Christian faith
- Missiology – A growing Biblical Theology of Missions, defined by a scripturally based understanding of God’s purposes and actions in both the Old and New Testaments to reconcile and redeem humanity to himself and bring restoration to his entire creation through the person and work of Jesus Christ the Lord
- Non-Profit organization – Needs to have a basic knowledge of what a sending organization does and how it serves the church in it’s Great Commission task
- Experience in cross-cultural missions and /or mission activities.
- Experience working with teams and has demonstrated themselves to be a team player with a positive attitude, and passionate about serving God and others.
- Experience working with G Suite by Google
- Experience of work in an environment that requires attention to detail and personal commitment to accuracy.
TEAM has strategically identified specific locations in which to place Missions Coaches based on mobilization potential, key relationships, and proximity to other team members. For this reason, mobilization leadership will require a commitment on the part of the missions coach to reside near the area in which they were hired.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
Mail: Human Resources Manager, 400 S. Main Place, Carol Stream, IL 60188
Download a copy of the full description HERE for Dallas-Fort Worth.
Fill out our Employment Application - Click HERE to download.