Job Opening - Missions Place Site Manager
The Missions Place Site Manager contributes to the global ministry of TEAM by being a catalyst to engage individuals, organizations, and churches in order to increase their awareness and interest in global missions and the ministry of TEAM. This involves effectively managing TEAM's Wheaton, Illinois Missions Place as a mobilization center. Responsibilities will include community networking and engagement, management of the physical space, event planning, and local marketing.
- Develop and maintain a welcoming and professional public space that is conducive for missional conversation and engagement.
- Engage deeply with local mission networks through participation in community mission events, dynamic personal interaction with key influencers, strategic development and by hosting events that introduce local leaders to other TEAM staff.
- Facilitate visitor engagement with TEAM in all the applicable areas (e.g., Mobilization, Global Ministry, Advancement). This requires identification of potential engagement opportunities and then proactively engaging people inside and outside of TEAM to make effective introductions and connections.
- Communicate effectively with TEAM constituents to create new opportunities for TEAM's engagement with the local community.
- Identify and pursue key external relationships, and proactively engage other staff where potential for mutual benefit is identified.
- Plan and execute regular events that engage the community and foster increasing mission engagement.
- Relate deeply with fellow Site Managers for idea sharing, new project/event development, as well as overall development and maintenance of Missions Place vision and strategy.
- Maintain accurate reports of goals, activities, finances, and achievements for internal reporting and accountability.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
KEY SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Exceptional relational ability; someone who loves people and gets great satisfaction from helping people meet their spiritual and philanthropic goals.
- Understands and appreciates the local church and global missions context.
- Significant professional networking and/or event management experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Please submit application (below), cover letter, and resume to:
Mail: Human Resources Manager, 400 S Main Place, Carol Stream, ILL 60188