TEAM Eats: Recipes to Make on Quarantine
With all the social distancing, a lot of us have found ourselves with some spare time on our hands. Missionaries are no different. All around the world we are having similar experiences staying in our homes and adjusting to a new normal of social distancing.
Missionaries are still at work sharing the Gospel, but the ways they are doing that look a little different now. Instead of going out and meeting their neighbors, missionaries are working on intentionally building relationships through video calls and other online avenues. Much like the rest of us, instead of sharing a meal with their friends and neighbors, they are eating at home.
For this month’s TEAM Eats, we thought we would offer you some recipes that are easy to make with things you probably already have at home. While you’re enjoying these recipes, think of the missionaries you know and reach out to them if you can. Maybe call them up and make the recipe with them over a video call. Then you can sit down and enjoy your food together virtually.
Knowing we have others with us — even if not physically — is always encouraging! Try out these recipes with your friends (virtually) and let us know what you think in the comments![vimeo url=”https://vimeo.com/405971252/72448c8f26″]
Homemade Tortilla Chips
- Flour tortillas
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cut tortillas into strips or triangles.
- Add oil to pan. You’ll want a few inches deep.
- Heat oil over medium or medium-high heat.
- Test whether oil is hot enough by putting one piece in. If it bubbles a lot, the oil is ready.
- Place 6 to 7 tortilla triangles in the pan at a time, depending on the size of your pan. Don’t overcrowd them.
- Fry for about a minute. Then flip the tortillas and fry them a minute more, or until golden brown
- Dry on rack with paper towel below.
- Add salt to taste and serve with salsa or melted cheese.
Simple, Homemade Granola
- 1/2 c oil
- 1/2 syrup
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 cups oats (2.5 c rolled oats, 0.5 c steel cut oats)
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 c raisins
- 1/4 c chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Combine ingredients and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
The best part about this recipe is that you can clear out your cabinets and use whatever you have. Consider adding 1 tablespoon brown sugar, sliced almonds, dried cranberries, honey, and/or various kinds of oats and grains.
Elevated Ramen Noodles
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- Ramen noodles
- Baby spinach
- 1 egg
- Cooking oil
- Saute minced garlic with cooking oil for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and water. Bring to a boil.
- Add ramen noodles (no packet). Cook 3 minutes.
- Add a handful of baby spinach. Stir until wilted.
- Turn heat to low.
- Crack an egg into the pot. Cook for 8 minutes.
One-Ingredient Ice Cream
- Very ripe bananas
- Optional: cocoa powder, mint, or strawberries
- Peel and slice very ripe bananas.
- Freeze for at least an hour.
- Blend in a food processor.
Optional: Add additional ingredients like cocoa powder, mint or strawberries to change the flavor!
For more tasty recipes like these from around the world, subscribe to our blog! You don’t want to miss out on this!
One CommentLeave a comment
LORD Jesus,I pray that you will reveal yourself through the hatman church. Make this church to arise and shine in darkness far and near. As magnet draws a nail to itself, I pray that your light through this church draws unbelievers to your saving grace. I pray that they grow in the knowledge of your word with unity and love for one another.I pray that your Spirit will lead and keep them on fire until your second coming.
I also want to pray that you continue to empower TEAM with the financial and physical resources they need to propagate the gospel. The more you supply their needs for the gospel, the further they invade the Kingdom of darkness and capture territories. Bless their husbands,wives,children and relatives they are leaving behind to go into your harvest field. Amen