Experience Toronto equips you for effective cross-cultural work among immigrants here or among nationals overseas. An experienced mentor will work alongside you for one year as you get to know and serve the immigrant community in the vibrant and diverse context of Toronto. Wherever you may work within a foreign context, Experience Toronto will equip you to serve with positive impact across cultural barriers.
This the ideal experience if you…
- Are interested in venturing into a foreign culture. You’ve felt God’s call on your life to bring His gospel to the nations.
- Love God and love people. This is the heart of a true disciple-maker.
- Are a true worshiper. There are people in the world who would worship Jesus if they only knew Him. And you’re looking for them so they can worship Him and make Him known.
- Are a continual learner. You don’t have all the answers, but you constantly seek to learn and pursue the truth of God.
Learn how you can serve the nations in Toronto!
“I expected God to show me new things. I expected to find out what it meant to see people through the eyes of our Savior. I expected to form new bonds with other members of our team. What I didn’t expect is how immediate my affection and compassion would develop for the people we met from various religions and walks of life. My new perspective, I pray, will be life-changing.”
—Experience Toronto Participant
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Toronto?
Toronto is a massive multi-cultural experiment that has welcomed the world. The opportunity to learn about the people of the world and their varied cultures is enormous and strategic.
- How can I develop as a person and cross-cultural disciple-maker?
The best way to develop as a person and as a cross-cultural worker is to learn by doing and to be in community with those who have the same goals and mindset. There are things that are impossible to learn in a book — you must have boots on the ground. Experience Toronto lets you do just that. Your mentor will coach you in disciple-making, cross-cultural communication, language learning, and leadership development — with God’s Word at the center of everything you do.
- How will I make money while I’m in Toronto?
As an American, it will be difficult to get a part-time job in Canada. To participate in Experience Toronto, you’ll need to raise support for the year. Canadian citizens can get part-time jobs if needed. Meeting people in your workplace can be a great opportunity to build relationships and can enhance the year-long experience.
- When does Experience Toronto begin?
The year-long program launches each June.
- How do I apply?
Start your journey by talking with a TEAM missions coach! Your coach will give you more details about Experience Toronto and walk you through the application process from beginning to end!