Step 1: Leadership Approval
Once a Global Worker has submitted a grant application within NetSuite, it will automatically go to two levels of leadership for approval before being processed. A grant application will first go to the MAL for approval and then their SD. If the MAL is making the application, the grant application will go first to the SD and then the ED for that region.
The following guidelines are used for approving a grant application (these points are not intended to be exhaustive but rather a guide to help in the process):
- Consider the content of the grant application from a ministry perspective:
- Does this grant help TEAM accomplish its mission?
- Is the grantee a good partner for TEAM?
- Are you as MAL, SD, or ED aware of any problems with the grantee organization or its officials?
- Do the objectives of this grant fit within the strategic vision of the MA, region, etc.?
- Will this grant cause problems with others in the MA or region, particularly with other local partners?
- Consider the content of the grant application from a financial perspective:
- Is this a good use of funds in the MA?
- Are the funding sources acceptable?
- Is the proposed breakdown of expenses (if given) in the grant appropriate?
- Decide whether to Approve the Grant
If the approvers are satisfied with the contents of the grant application, they will click the Approve button at the top of the screen.
If more information is needed in the application the approver will click the Reject button at the top of the screen. A box will then appear for the approver to explain why the application is being rejected. The application will return to the Global Worker and the message will show in the Reject Reason subtab at the bottom of the application.
If the grant doesn’t satisfy the above criteria and is denied, the approver will click the Permanently Reject button. A box will then appear for the approver to explain why the application is being denied. The application will return to the Global Worker and the message will show in the Reject Reason subtab at the bottom of the application.
Step 2: Final Approval
Once the grant has been approved by the two levels of leadership, the grant will be processed by the Grant Manager. The Grant Manager will receive final verification from the following people:
- Chief Financial Officer for grant applications from $5,000 to under $25,000
- TEAM Board of Directors for grant applications of $25,000 or more
Upon such approval, a notification letter is sent and a Grant Award Agreement is signed by the grantee and returned. Once a grant is approved, then requests can be made for the disbursement of funds.