Ministry Vision and Focus
We have a great challenge here as we minister in what is known as the “Circle of Silence”, an area in southwest Mexico with many large and important cities, but which has been steeped in religious traditions and largely unresponsive to the Gospel, as only 1-2% are evangelical Christians. Our vision is to develop various home church networks through which many disciples and disciple-makers will see Christ change the spiritual face and climate of this vital area of Mexico.
You will be primarily working with middle class people, many of whom wish to expand their ability to speak English. You will also have opportunity to develop your ability to communicate in Spanish as you are involved in a variety of relationally-based connections and ministries. You will get to know people on a more personal level, and develop confianza, a vital concept in Mexico, which means “trust”, and implies a more personal openness.
TEAM missionaries Ralph and Ellen Shepard, and Paul and Jann Vander Mey, head up this initiative, but also enjoy mentoring and coaching others in whom they see a God-given desire for spiritually investing in others. They will help you learn to connect with people, bring them to Christ, and disciple them. They will also guide you in learning more about the gifts and personal resources God has built into you, and expand your tool set for interpersonal evangelism and discipleship.
Click here to read testimonials from missionaries just like you.
We are all about developing community:
- Social communities for building friendships with the unsaved (sports in the park, barbecues, etc)
- Home-based communities: believers coming together, with non-believers also present, to experience Christian community
- Discipleship communities: groups of 2-4 coming together for studying the Word, for more intimate sharing, for praying for one another and for stimulating one another to spiritual growth
- Network communities of 25-75 who come together every month or two from the various home-group networks for sharing testimonies, praising God, interacting with the Word, and focusing on the vision God has given us.
- Our ministry team is made up of Americans and Mexicans who meet together to share stories, talk about vision and strategy, and seek the Lord together
Targeting middle class and professionals, people much like us, but who are seeking to live the “Mexican dream”
Continually seeking to develop creative methods of evangelism which will allow us to intersect and connect with their lives and their reality
In church planting ministry any and every interest one has is a potential connection point for those who have a genuine interest in others and a willingness to step out and be poured out for Christ. People skills are vital, but we also need a broad range of skills and abilities to help us develop relationships and ministries in our diverse context.
Church Planter: Focus on High School & University Students
Orphanage Ministry and Missions Saturation Internship
Missions Saturation Internship
ESL and Missions Saturation Internship
Church Planter: Focus on Families
Church Planter in a Network of Home Churches
Contact us if you would like to share an idea for a new opportunity or learn more about exisiting opportunities with the Guadalajara House Church Movement. We look forward to visiting with you!