We envisage a vital ministry center contributing to the healthy, fruitful, long-term building of the Kingdom of God in Japan.
Mas & Karen Nohara
Karuizawa, Nagano Prefecture
What we do:
We seek to build the Kingdom of God through God’s people finding rest and relaxation, as well as healing and encouragement during their stay at KRC, so people are ready to return to their ministry physically, spiritually and emotionally refreshed. In the fast pace of life in Japan, and the cultural challenges faced by Christians, the need for rest, relaxation, spiritual renewal, and growth is put aside, leading to their vitality, energy and ultimately, their effectiveness, deteriorating.
We also use the center to prepare people for ministries throughout Japan and host events such as church camps, counseling opportunities, seminar, and conferences so people’s lives can be enriched. The result is their ministry becoming even more effective, enhancing both the professional and personal development of God’s people.
- Provide a variety of relevant and attractive events
- Be responsive to the needs of the missionary and church communities in Japan
- Offer a range of individual, family, and small group retreat options
- Offer seminars and training in various topics
- Provide practical training for Japanese in how to evangelize
- Prepare short-term workers for ministry, both locally and throughout Japan
- Provide opportunities for networking, friendship building, and support in the faith
- Easy access from Tokyo
- Desirable location in a resort style country town
- A variety of activities inside and outside the center
- Affordable rates
- Comfortable and attractive facilities
- Wide open spaces
- Care from managers
Go to Karuizawa Retreat Center (KRC) to make reservations and see the facilities.