50-70% of women in Vallarta face some form of abuse. Use your experience and passion in areas of abuse recovery and rehabilitation in a women’s shelter an hour outside of Vallarta. The vision of this selter is to serve these vulnerable populations (women and children) through rehabilitated and teach them marketable skills to start a new life for themselves. This job may work directly with the current shelter as well as to extend the shelter’s vision within Vallarta. Join this work to provide education to families, men and women, on appropriate and healthy behaviors and family dynamics.
The role specifically includes:
- Work with existing women’s shelter offering classes (English, marketable skills, Bible) for women/their children
- Extend the shelter’s work throughout the city of Vallarta
- Offer abuse recovery classes in Vallarta
- Educate families on appropriate behavior/family dynamics
- Ministry to men who are abusers
- Connect with local social services to offer programs or workshops in villages/schools/neighborhoods
This is a Short term, mid-term or long-term position.
Experience in abuse counseling and/or biblical counseling is required; formal education in counseling and pyschology recommended.