Black Forest Academy (BFA) provides a quality, international Christian education that equips its students to influence their world through biblical thought, character, and action. BFA serves the children of international Christian workers and international business families who want a North American curriculum that incorporates a Christian worldview. The academy provides an English language education for grades 5-12, and grades 1-4 are part of a bilingual school, Christliche Schule Kandern. BFA has an enrollment of approximately 260 students, and about 50% of the 9th-12th-grade students are residents in the boarding program (only grade 9 and above are accepted to the boarding program). The school’s commitment to quality, international, Christian education makes BFA a great place to grow through service. BFA is seeking men and women who are passionate about missional Christian education, who will serve as models to students of what it means to follow Christ.
The Academic Support Teachers working in the Discovery Program seek to meet the unique academic needs of students with learning disabilities with the goal of enabling them to function independently and successfully in the classroom and in life. The duration of this role is a minimum of 2 years.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To implement the National Institute for Learning Development (NILD) educational therapy
- To communicate regularly with parents, teachers, and residence staff
- To maintain daily and annual student records
- To implement annual testing
- To engage in professional development
- To maintain a high spiritual and professional standard
- Bachelor’s degree in any industry, ideally in special education or ELL
- Experience in discovery, NILD level 1 training preferred
- Willingness to live in a small town