The Merauke Bible School Teacher will bring the Scriptures to life for an oral culture in Papua. Using gifts in communicating complex ideas in a simple yet powerful way will bolster Papuan believers’ knowledge and understanding of Scripture. Many men and women from the tribal interior of Papua have no more than a grammar school education, but they want to know more about God. This Bible teacher will empower tribal men and women to know God personally through understanding His Word. The ability to teach with patience and having a deep love for Scripture and people are necessary traits for this role. The duration of this role is 5 years or more.
- Minimum 30 credit hours of biblical training
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Bible preferred
- Experience leading adult Bible studies or Sunday school is helpful
- Experience in youth ministry and discipleship
- Heart and love for tribal people, flexibility, longsuffering
- Ability to take complex ideas and communicate clearly, bring stories to life
Ready to learn more?
Fill out this form and a missions coach will be in touch to answer your questions and help you get started!