The SonRise Tokyo Ministry Initiative is looking for someone (ideally, a couple) to join our family. As we look to the future, we see a need for someone who would focus on a “cafe-centered” ministry.
Although the cafe is presented to the community as a business, our main focus is on ministry. Huge profits would be a nice bonus, but our main concern is with building relationships that lead to sharing the gospel. We see the cafe as “neutral ground” that is welcoming and comfortable to the community, both Christian and non.
This position would involve the following:
-Running the cafe day to day, with a ministry developed through and going out of the cafe.
-Developing the cafe’s excellence for the purpose of effective witnessing.
-Building relationships with customers that lead to gospel witness.
-Building relationships with many other business owners/workers along the Happy Road Shopping Mall.
-Interactiving as a leader/partner in ministry with our Japanese “Kitchen Manager”.
-Scheduling the weekly hours for volunteer staff and SonRise interns.
-Training and supervision of volunteers and interns.
-Developing new ministry outreach as led by the Holy Spirit.
- Someone who can sync with us on our values of respect, service, and support.
- Someone who is willing to help other team members just as they would help you.
- Someone who will join our weekly staff meetings for prayer and planning.
- Someone who will join our ministry family in holiday gatherings, retreats, and other things we do to ministry to each other.
- Organized/admin skills
- Education and experience preferred but not required.
- Prior experience in ministry.
- Language school (2 years-general requirement for any long-term assignment)
- Vision trip required.