A team in an unreached part of Thailand called Nakhon Ratchasima has a vision of seeing a reproducing body of Christ. A church planting team member will develop and train other church planters and leaders with a focus on reaching the majority Buddhist population in collaboration with the Thai Church. The aim of this role is to see a thriving church started in the local area, to see the Thai people raised up as leaders to plant churches in the least-reached areas of Thailand, to see the Thai church become a sending missional force.
Some of the practical tasks of this role include meeting with Thai leaders weekly to empower, mentor, and disciple them as they seek to church plant in the least reached regions of Thailand and outreach to the Buddhist community alongside Thai believers.
TEAM partners with OMF, SEND International, and others to connect with those who do not yet know Jesus and prayerfully spark a church planting movement. The duration of this role is 3 years or more.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships
- Enjoys new and unusual experiences, willing to take risks
- Willing to serve as part of a multi-cultural team
- Willing to try new ideas in approaching people with the gospel in love
- Open to being discipled by a Thai Christian leader
- Teachable, enduring trust and patience
- Willing to trust God with results and be faithful even when not wanting to
- An interest in the Buddhist world