Portuguese churches tend to be small, under-funded, and under-staﬀed. More churches close than open each year in Portugal. There are entire towns and villages without a single evangelical church, so it is very important to help keep the existing churches healthy and thriving. Portuguese pastors are passionate and dedicated, but most work full-time jobs during the week in addition to leading their churches. Experienced, servant-hearted Church workers are needed to come alongside Portuguese pastors and church leaders to serve wherever is needed. Areas of service could include administration, technology, worship, music, children and youth, discipleship, support staﬀ, and education. Your purpose will be to build relationships and assist and support church leaders in keeping the church and its ministries running smoothly.
- Minimum two years ministry experience in a local church
- Flexible, teachable, and highly relational
- Bible and evangelism education/training
- Prior cross-cultural experience would be beneficial
- Need to learn/speak Portuguese