Teachers and baristas at the Conexión Community Center will build relationships through teaching art, music (instrument or voice), or other skill sets and specialties. Teachers will develop their own class schedule and be responsible for the curriculum needed. When not teaching classes, the opportunity to serve in the community center cafe may be available. Professionals serving at the community center will have the opportunity to powerfully impact students, parents, and society through high-quality educational services. The duration of this role ranges from 3 – 6 months.
- High School diploma
- 6+ more months of experience teaching in the area of expertise
- Experience in a cross-cultural environment
- Barista experience not required, but a willingness to learn the skill is
- Ability to develop a new class or program, be a self-starter, organized, teachable,
- Team player, good interpersonal skills, and strong sense of personal identity
- Must be able to grow spiritually without a lot of local fellowship