Would you like to inspire southern African churches to demonstrate Christ’s love through improving the lives of the poor?
The AIDS pandemic has depleted a generation of breadwinners in southern Africa. There is a great need for families to develop innovative ways to earn and save. If you have training and experience with starting savings clubs or income generating projects such as handcrafts or gardening, come and share that knowledge with others and build the body of Christ. You will need to have initiative to organize workshops and follow up on trainees, as well as flexibility in adapting to the local context. Discipling participants to be devoted followers of Jesus and giving them the skills they need to thrive economically will give struggling families the hope they need to survive. While this opportunity is designated for Swaziland, similar opportunities exist in Lesotho and South Africa as well.
- Willingness to do language and culture learning.
- Training in this field from a biblical perspective.
- Experience working with small income projects or savings clubs
- Entrepreneurial and management skills
- Good communication/relational skills
- Solid biblical foundation