TEAM is launching a new ministry in the town of Goz Beida, the political and economic center of the Dar Sila region in eastern Chad. This region is home to several unreached people groups, including the predominant Dar Sila Daju people. There is also a significant refugee population from the Darfur region of Sudan that numbers between 50,000 to 100,000. Almost all of these people groups are Muslim and unreached by the Good News.
We desire to live out our faith among the people, aiming to help with both their physical and spiritual needs. We seek to establish an indigenous, culturally sensitive reproducing community of disciples in each of the main people groups in the Dar Sila region. An experienced TEAM Chad missionary is leading this ministry, working in partnership with the local evangelical church to build friendships by using avenues that may include programs for education, agriculture/water, technical training, healthcare, and counseling.
Community Development Workers are needed for the Goz Beida region. The goal of the Community Development Workers is to help develop strategies to help improve the community, approaching the task in a holistic way in order to transform the community. Help identify needs in the target area. Could include micro-enterprise development, education, agriculture/water, technical training, healthcare, social justice, sports and recreation, and counseling. A focus on Creation Care is needed as agricultural and water systems are developed. Reforestation is an issue as most people use firewood for fuel, creating smoke and pollution. Programs for children and adults could teach the importance of caring for God’s creation.
- Experience, education and expertise in creation care/environmental programs
- At least two years of community development or related training and/or experience
- Training in Muslim ministry will be helpful (but not required)
- Willingness to live in an underdeveloped town
- Experience working on a team
- Vibrant and growing relationship with Christ and good prayer life
- At least a one-year equivalency of Bible education
- Languages used in this region include Chadian Arabic, French, and local languages; language learning requirement would depend on specific ministry
Ready to learn more?
Fill out this form and a missions coach will be in touch to answer your questions and help you get started!