TEAM is launching a new ministry in the town of Goz Beida, the political and economic center of the Dar Sila region in eastern Chad. This region is home to several unreached people groups, including the predominant Dar Sila Daju people. There is also a significant refugee population from the Darfur region of Sudan that numbers between 50,000 to 100,000. Almost all of these people groups are Muslim and unreached by the Good News.
We desire to live out our faith among the people, aiming to help with both their physical and spiritual needs. We seek to establish an indigenous, culturally sensitive reproducing community of disciples in each of the main people groups in the Dar Sila region. An experienced TEAM Chad missionary is leading this ministry, working in partnership with the local evangelical church to build friendships by using avenues that may include programs for education, agriculture/water, technical training, healthcare, and counseling.
Community Development Workers are needed for the Goz Beida region. The goal of the Community Development Workers is to help establish and manage community development projects that have been identified as a way to meet the needs in the target area. These projects could include micro-enterprise development, education, agriculture/water, technical training, healthcare, and counseling. A focus on Sports and Recreation is needed to be used in a variety of ways to reach children and families.
- Experience, education, and expertise in sports and recreation
- At least two years of community development or related training and/or experience
- Training in Muslim ministry will be helpful (but not required)
- Willingness to live in an underdeveloped town
- Experience working on a team
- A vibrant and growing relationship with Christ and good prayer life
- At least a one-year equivalency of Bible education
- Languages used in this region include Chadian Arabic, French, and local languages; language learning requirement would depend on specific ministry