Situated in Southeast Chad, the Runga maintain remote, subsistence lifestyles under the harsh conditions bordering the Sahel. Severely impoverished, the majority still lack access to clean water, education, or even basic medical care. The needs being fundamental and numerous, ministry opportunities abound within a multitude of disciplines: micro-enterprise development, education, agriculture/water, technical training, healthcare (rural or stationary), women and child health, refugee populations, veterinary, or hygiene and health promotion. As such, we seek individuals with varying disciplinary interests at virtually any level of expertise. The work is moving forward essentially from scratch and we are encouraged by the presence of an interested linguist. Pursue your passions and see them implemented.
Of course, health rests solidly upon worldview. The Runga have no written language and no one near them or like them to share the Gospel of Jesus. We hope to bring the transformative power of the Gospel in word and deed to the Runga as we walk alongside them in loving service; hoping to promote self-initiated, sustainable community development. We are seeking to develop a team of resilient, courageous, committed, and loving individuals to be on the forefront of ministering to this unengaged Muslim people group. Do you feel called to minister in a difficult place on a truly pioneer mission? Please contact us now to find out more.
- Experience, education, and expertise in healthcare, medicine, or development
- Vibrant and growing relationship with Christ and good prayer life
- Ability to learn and understand the local language and culture so you can communicate effectively in a culturally appropriate and sensitive manner. Languages used in this region include Chadian Arabic, French, and Runga; language learning requirement would depend on specific ministry.
- Willingness to live in an underdeveloped town
- Resilience and a hardy personality
- Training in Muslim ministry