TEAM has been partnering with ZEMA for over ten years teaching amaZioni pastors and leaders who are hungry for God’s Word through informal classes in many locations. But how can we be sure they are integrating what they learn into their lives? What happens to these leaders once they finish this four-year part-time progam? They need mature believers to walk alongside them and help them to apply the truths they have learned. They need encouragement to evaluate syncretistic practices in light of God’s Word and courage to obey it in spite of opposition. Come and be a part of helping these leaders grow more Christlike and transform their churches and communities through a return to biblical faith.
Who are the amaZioni?
In 1904, missionaries from Zion, Illinois came to South Africa to share the gospel. After four years, they were recalled for financial reasons. Many of their converts reverted to a mix of Christianity, ancestor worship and African traditions. Seventy years later, their numbers had grown to between 12-15 million and spanned much of southern Africa. In 1980, missionaries from Zion felt a responsibility to return to southern Africa to train amaZioni leaders in biblical truth, recalling them to biblical faith. TEAM partners with ZEMA (Zion Evangelical Ministries of Africa) and a multicultural team of teachers to train leaders of these churches who are now hungry for biblical truth.
- Strong Biblical foundation and understanding of Biblical discipleship
- Being an intentional disciple of Christ, open to learning, growth, and change
- Ability to learn and understand the local language and culture so you can communicate effectively in a culturally appropriate and sensitive manner
- Ability to understand questions of believers and provide a compelling answer
- Experience in discipleship and mentoring preferred
- Will need to learn Zulu or other tribal languages