Minister with orphans to help them become disciples of Christ and grow in their appreciation of Him, their obedience to Him, and their experience with Him. Walk alongside believers as they study the Word and learn to be more Christ-like. Teach believers how to share their faith with family and friends. Develop and nurture relationships as you guide new believers in their first steps of faith and help mature believers continue their spiritual growth. Share the love of Christ both inside and outside the church. Will be working with the ANESU initiative—committed to helping local churches and individual believers engage in compassionate care as an integral part of proclaiming the Gospel of Christ.
- Strong Biblical foundation and understanding of Biblical discipleship
- Being an intentional disciple of Christ, open to learning, growth, and change
- Ability to learn and understand the local language and culture so you can communicate effectively in a culturally appropriate and sensitive manner
- Ability to understand questions of believers and provide a compelling answer
- Experience in discipleship mentoring preferred
- Degree in Spiritual Formation or Discipleship or related field of study preferred but not required; informal training in Discipleship techniques is also acceptable
- Basic course in conversational Shona (can be done in Zimbabwe)
Ready to learn more?
Fill out this form and a missions coach will be in touch to answer your questions and help you get started!