Help TEAM and the Portuguese church fulfill the Great Commission by joining our new Intercultural Member Care Center initiative. TEAM and our ministry partners, including multiple evangelical churches and Christian organizations, are uniting to establish a member care center that will help the Portuguese churches send out healthy and prepared missionaries to other cultures to share the Gospel. The goal is to start a well-run, well-resourced, quality, intercultural, intermission member care center that would serve all of Portugal, southern Europe and northern Africa by combining resources, oversight, and personnel of the various partner members.
The Intercultural Member Care Center will offer rest and professional counseling as well as training in intercultural communication, anthropology, Biblical counseling, and interpersonal skills to Christian workers, pastors, and missionaries working in Europe and North Africa. Counseling will be available for anyone, believer or nonbeliever, who desires to receive Biblical counseling in English, Portuguese, German or any other language spoken fluently by one of the staff members.
Experienced missionaries for the Intercultural Member care Center are needed to assist in training, equipping, mentoring, and guiding missionaries and Christian workers. Missionaries will also develop and nurture relationships as they share the love of Christ at the member care center and also in their communities.
- Strong Biblical foundation.
- Ministry experience, long-term or short-term, is required.
- Degree in related field of study preferred but not required; informal training is also acceptable.
- Must be characterized by grace and humility, be skilled listeners, wise encouragers, and demonstrate Godly wisdom.
- This might be a good fit for experienced missionaries who would like to give the last five to ten years of their ministry career to member care.
- Fluency in more than one language is a plus, specifically Portuguese and English (German).
Ready to learn more?
Fill out this form and a missions coach will be in touch to answer your questions and help you get started!