Use your gift of hospitality to be “the hands and feet” of Christ by providing a warm and caring atmosphere to friends and strangers alike. Welcome missionaries and Christian workers at the Karanda Hospital guesthouse with great joy and kindness using your natural talents of entertaining, cooking, decorating, and more. This host would coordinate guest services and develop and nurture relationships both inside and outside the church as you share the love of Christ.
The Karanda Hospital Guesthouse is primarily intended for use by foreign visitors who are working in the hospital. This past Covid-restricted year has mostly seen the guesthouse used by Zimbabweans who are doing short-term work in the hospital. In past years, these workers, mostly construction contractors, would stay in private lodging near the hospital, but that is unavailable this year, so they stay in the guesthouse. This house has 7 bedrooms, 8 bathrooms, 3 kitchens, and is in the middle of the hospital campus.
This guesthouse definitely has fewer visitors, so welcoming and orienting new arrivals would be less of an issue, but someone to work on ordinary maintenance, resupply, and organization would be enormously helpful. Even simple things like stocking the houses with cleaning supplies and getting keys made would be so helpful. Someone with a heart for service would be a tremendous blessing.
- Strong Biblical foundation and understanding of the spiritual gift of hospitality
- Cooking, decorating, hosting skills
- Ability to create an atmosphere where guests feel welcome and comfortable
- Experience in hosting both informal and formal events preferred
- Formal or informal training in hospitality-related fields such as cooking and event planning is preferred but not necessary