We are looking for a special individual who would like to serve the Lord using IT skills for at least two years at the Karanda Mission Hospital in Zimbabwe.
Karanda Hospital was established in 1961 to meet the needs of mission stations in the Zambezi River valley. It’s in a remote area of northern Zimbabwe nearest to Mount Darwin, located approximately 200 kilometers from the capital of Harare. The hospital is part of a larger mission complex that also has a nurse training school for around 55 students and a primary school offering grades 1-7 for children of the hospital staff. The hospital is licensed for 150 beds, and sees between 10-20 surgeries and 200-300 outpatients on an average work day. The facility is known for the large number of surgical cases it handles as well as treating HIV/AIDS, TB, obstetrics, and hydrocephalus.
Karanda Hospital is in need of an IT Specialist to manage the computer and phone systems and help the hospital implement a new electronic health records package. It has a new network utilizing the VMWare platform and Windows Server 2008 R2. It has 22 remote thin-client stations.
The task will require network management/maintenance, training of EHR users, training of a network person when the current short-term worker moves on, training of staff to improve their basic MS Office skills, support and management of three satellite-based internet connections, simple programing and over-sight of the hospital’s Panasonic telephone switch, software maintenance of the myriad staff computers, and some Access programming. There are many other opportunities to be involved in significant ministry and conversation with folks both at the hospital and in the surrounding community. The job will be varied, interesting, and will be IT relevant.
- A recent college graduate with experience with the VMware platform would be an ideal candidate.
Other qualifications/experience include:
- Experience with implementing and managing Windows-based infrastructure and systems
- Experience managing small to medium-sized network environments including the administration of routers, switches and firewalls
- Proven project management experience
- Good customer service skills and experience with facilitating a training program for end-users
- Experience with administering telephone systems
- Experience with Access/VBA a plus
Ready to learn more?
Fill out this form and a missions coach will be in touch to answer your questions and help you get started!