The leader for the training program conducts leadership training for national pastors and leaders of small rural churches located in the highland jungle area of eastern Peru. SAM believes that leaders are best developed in the context in which they will minister; therefore, the leader must be willing to travel and teach in rural areas. The program emphasizes small, highly contextualized, local classes that provide theological education as an essential part of the larger process of leadership development. The duration of this role is a minimum of 3 years or more.
This opportunity is with TEAM’s ministry partner SAM (South America Mission), an evangelical and interdenominational mission organization with a vision to see the church of Jesus Christ multiplied across South America, transforming local communities and the world by embodying the kingdom of God.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in biblical studies, theology, doctrine
- A Church-based systematic study of Scripture is accepted
- Experience teaching Bible courses in discipleship or mentoring
- Flexibility, resilience, maturity
- Willingness to travel and teach in rural areas