Licensed Mental Health Professional
Opportunity in Portugal
Being a missionary or a pastor can at times be challenging and isolating. Work hours are not the typical 9-5, and there can be seasons where it is hard to see the “fruit” of their labors. Diﬀiculties and conflicts can arise in teams and churches. When a Christian worker needs a break or help, where do they go?
Resources such as counseling and debriefing are limited in some countries, including parts of Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East. Lado a Lado is a safe place where Christian workers and their families can come and rest. We provide hospitality within a peaceful and caring environment, as well as direct care such as debriefing, counseling, coaching, training, and other wellness services.
Currently, our team is looking for a licensed mental health professional to assist in this ministry. This team member could be a counselor, therapist, psychologist, nurse practitioner, or psychiatrist. These services will be provided to ministry workers, leaders, and nationals.
- Must have a Masters or Doctorate degree and licensure in a clinical mental health profession
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Ability to oﬀer training or supervision to others a plus
- Cross-cultural experience and ability to speak a language in addition to English preferred
- Need to learn/speak Portuguese for some positions