Use your counseling skills to provide member care for missionaries and their families in the field, as well as train pastors and Bible college students.
Missionaries benefit from regular face to face support, encouragement, and wise counsel. The Member Care Facilitator would help missionaries:
Deal with stress and improve your coping skills.
Handle and resolve conflict and enhance interpersonal relationship skills.
Manage the normal stages of life in cross-cultural settings.
You would also have opportunities to be involved in training pastors and Bible college students in Christian counseling, with particular focus on marriage issues, cross-cultural relationships, post-traumatic stress, wife and child abuse.
- Strong Biblical foundation
- Ministry and counseling experience
- Degree in a related field of study is preferred for the training of pastors, but not required for the member care aspect of this opportunity
- Must be characterized by grace and humility, be skilled listeners, wise encouragers, and demonstrate godly wisdom
- This might be a good fit for experienced missionaries who would like to give the last five to ten years of their ministry career to Member Care
- May need to learn Zulu or other tribal languages
Ready to learn more?
Fill out this form and a missions coach will be in touch to answer your questions and help you get started!