Situated in Southeast Chad, the Runga maintain remote, subsistence lifestyles under the harsh conditions bordering the Sahel. They have no written language, and have no one near them or like them to share the Gospel of Jesus. We are seeking to develop a team of resilient, courageous, committed, and loving individuals to be on the forefront of ministering to this unengaged Muslim people group. The work is moving forward essentially from scratch and we are encouraged by the presence of an interested linguist.
Minister to the Runga using your natural talents of compassion, communication, teaching, and passion for Jesus. Develop and nurture relationships as you share the love of Christ in word and deed. Do you feel called to minister in a difficult place on a truly pioneer mission? Please contact us now to find out more.
- Strong Biblical foundation and understanding of the spiritual gift of evangelism. At least a one-year equivalency of Bible education.
- Vibrant and growing relationship with Christ and good prayer life
- Ability to learn and understand the local language and culture so you can communicate effectively in a culturally appropriate and sensitive manner.
- Ability to understand questions and doubts of seekers and provide a compelling answer.
- Willingness to live in an underdeveloped town
- Resilience and a hardy personality
- Languages used in this region include Runga, Chadian Arabic and French.; Language learning requirement would depend on specific ministry
- Training in Muslim ministry