Black Forest Academy (BFA) provides a quality, international Christian education that equips its students to influence their world through biblical thought, character, and action. BFA serves the children of international Christian workers and international business families who want a North American curriculum that incorporates a Christian worldview. The academy provides an English language education for grades 5-12, and grades 1-4 are part of a bilingual school, Christliche Schule Kandern. BFA has an enrollment of approximately 260 students, and about 50% of the 9th-12th-grade students are residents in the boarding program (only grade 9 and above are accepted to the boarding program). The school’s commitment to quality, international, Christian education makes BFA a great place to grow through service. BFA is seeking men and women who are passionate about missional Christian education, who will serve as models to students of what it means to follow Christ.
The Maintenance Department Staff helps maintain the facilities and equipment associated with the school and dorms at Black Forest Academy. The Maintenance staff position is a year-round role. Maintenance staff will work every Monday – Friday including snow days, portions of BFA holiday and summer breaks, and some Saturdays determined by needs. The duration of this role is a minimum of 2 years.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To adhere to all German law associated with maintenance duties – (construction, zoning, regulations, building codes, etc.)
- To fulfill all duties assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor
- To give project progress reports to the Maintenance Supervisor
- To help maintain a safe and comfortable environment for the students and staff at BFA
- To purchase needed items after submitting a request to the Maintenance Supervisor
- Experience in maintenance
- Good people skills
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record required
- Willingness to drive stick shift 7-9 passenger vans around hilly and narrow German roads
- Willingness to live in a small town