Many children in Thailand are at high risk for human trafficking. Christ-based education can help prevent students from falling into being trafficked. School of Promise is an elementary school that exists to share Christ with local children and their families, to provide excellent education, and to break the cycle of poverty and trafficking through education, discipleship, and caring community.
School of Promise has a number of opportunities for service for groups interested in short term projects. Teams interested in serving can participate in construction projects, sports outreach, or Vacation Bible School and English camps. Current construction needs include building an entrance to the facility, a guard shelter for increased security, and a reception area for incoming students. Soccer, volleyball, and badminton competitions would draw significant numbers of participants. Often more than one hundred children also attend week-long VBS and English Camps. The School of Promise can provide helpers who speak Thai, but the camps are conducted in English. The duration of this role ranges from 1-3 weeks.
- TEAM does not form groups, groups are formed prior to applying
- Recommended no more than 10 individuals, including group leaders
- If there are minors (under age 18) in the group, TEAM requires a 1:5 ratio of group leaders to minors
- TEAM will not send anyone under the age of 16 without a legal parent or guardian supervisor
- Groups will likely be asked to raise additional funds to cover the expenses associated with the outreach