The Special Education Teacher will teach school subjects from grades 7-9 using a homeschool-approved curriculum to a missionary kid in La Paz, Mexico. The teacher will utilize special education interventions like NILD and/or other techniques to meet the learning needs and challenges this student faces. And will also provide special education interventions to other missionary kids on the field as a supplement to their current education. The duration of this role ranges from 9 months to 3 years or more.
- Undergraduate degree in Education
- Degree with an emphasis on special education is preferred, but not required
- Experience working with children using special education interventions
- Relational, a self-starter, and flexible
- Understanding of MK’s/TCK’s and the unique challenges they face would be an asset