Care for and guide teens and young adults in their spiritual formation through sports ministry. Establish, coordinate and lead outreach sporting events, informal and formal sports leagues, sports camps, and recreational activities that appeal to teens and young adults. Soccer is the big sport in South Africa, but there is a growing interest in basketball and other sports. The format may include one-on-one coaching plus formal and informal Bible studies in large and small group settings. Use your ability to understand and communicate Biblical truth in a clear and relevant manner so teens and young adults understand and apply lessons. Develop and nurture relationships both inside and outside the church as you share the love of Christ.
- Strong Biblical foundation
- Love of working with teens and young adults
- Experience in sports and recreation preferred
- Degree in a related field of study preferred but not required; informal training in sports and recreation ministry is also acceptable
- Will need to learn Zulu or other language
Ready to learn more?
Fill out this form and a missions coach will be in touch to answer your questions and help you get started!