Opportunity in Chad
Situated in Southeast Chad, the Runga live in the remote, harsh conditions bordering the Sahel. Severely impoverished, the majority still lack access to clean water, education, or even basic medical care. Large populations of nomadic people and their cattle, sheep, and camels seasonally move in and out of this region. Additionally, we are seeing, increasing numbers of these nomadic people maintain their herds in a more sedentary fashion. Do you have a passion to use your veterinarian skills to reach out to people who need it the most? We are seeking to develop a team of resilient, courageous, committed, and loving individuals to be on the forefront of ministering to this unengaged Muslim people group. The work is moving forward essentially from scratch and we are encouraged by the presence of an interested linguist.
Do you feel called to minister in a difficult place on a truly pioneer mission? Please contact us now to find out more.
- Experience, education, and expertise in veterinary medicine
- Vibrant and growing relationship with Christ and a good prayer life
- Ability to learn and understand the local language and culture so you can communicate effectively in a culturally appropriate and sensitive manner. Languages used in this region include Chadian Arabic, French, and Runga; language learning requirement would depend on specific ministry.
- Willingness to live in an underdeveloped town
- Resilience and a hardy personality
- Training in Muslim ministry