Always been passionate about animals and have had some training in livestock management? Trained veterinarian or veterinary nurse? Passionate about sharing the love of Christ in words and in action? Here in Dar Sila, a very high proportion of the poorer population depend greatly on the wellbeing of their livestock. These people are sometimes marginalized and can easily lose their livelihood through animal disease. We are looking for people with at least basic training in livestock management but also veterinarians and veterinary nurses to come join our current veterinary worker in providing care to the livestock of the area. You would need to be adaptable, ready to learn, and occasionally stay out in villages overnight. The work currently involves primarily preventative care and advice but more clinical work could be possible in the future. The Dar Sila team is a made-up people from different backgrounds, serving with different skills, sharing the good news of Jesus Christ to the diverse peoples of the region. We are not focused on one linguistic group, but rather on one community, the residents of Dar Sila.
- Veterinary or Livestock management training
- Strong personal spiritual live
- Willing to live off-grid
- Serving in a veterinary context that requires autonomy, creativity, and humility
- Willing to learn French and Arabic if long or mid-term
- 1 year of Biblical and Missiological training credits required before arrival in ministry location