The Volunteer Coordinator (VC) is a full-time support raised position reporting to the Development Director. The VC will connect with churches in the Houston area to recruit volunteers to serve at PLI. They will collaborate with the Program Director to assess volunteer needs. The VC will vet, train and provide support to all PLI’s volunteers. They must have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion for multicultural ministry.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate well with others
- Demonstrated commitment to multicultural ministry
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organization and team-building skills
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree (a Bachelor’s degree is a plus)
- Experience recruiting or working with volunteers is preferred