How do I start an ER?
Go to the Navigation Portlet on your dashboard and click on Create an ER. There are also videos and written instructions available – click on ER Instructions.
Where can I see how much is still unpaid in ER claims?
Go to the Navigation Portlet on your dashboard and click on View your unpaid ERs.
What does “Unsubmitted Expense Reports” mean in the Reminders Portlet?
Whenever there is a number next to this reminder, there is an ER(s) awaiting your attention. When you have completed the ER, click the “Submit” button to begin the approval process.
How does the ER approval process work?
There’s an explanation in the Navigation Portlet on your dashboard. Click on ER Approval Process.
What does NSF mean?
NSF means non-sufficient funds. An NSF indicator appears when Finance determines that there are insufficient funds available to cover your ER claim. The ER is put on hold for up to one year from the date it is submitted and the claim will be paid when sufficient funds are available.
Why doesn’t the Currency box appear when I make a claim?
It’s possible that the Use Multi Currency box above the area where you enter details into the ER is not checked. This box needs to be checked to enter different currencies into your ER.
I make all my claims in my home currency. Is there a way to remove the Foreign Amount box?
Yes, there is! Uncheck the Use Multi Currency box above the area where you enter details into the ER.
How do I show income received in the MA?
- For Category, select “Income in MA (4405)”
- For Business Purpose, leave blank
- For Currency, use the currency for which the funds were received
- For Foreign Amount, show a negative amount (e.g. -1,000)
- For Attach Documentation, upload a payslip, email, or some other form of documentation related to the income
- For Designation, select “1-Contributions-UD N”
How can I get my ER reimbursement to be placed against my Expense Advances (previously #5 account)?
- For Category, select “Advance (1140)”
- For Business Purpose, leave blank
- For Currency, use whichever currency you prefer
- For Foreign Amount, show a negative amount (e.g. -500)
- For Attach Documentation, leave blank
- For Designation, select “Expense Advance (1140)”
How can I claim my expense against an MA project?
Under Designation, select the appropriate MA project in the dropdown list. If the MA project isn’t on the list, choose any other designation in the dropdown list. Then, under Additional Information, write the name of the MA project and request that the expense be claimed from that fund.
How does mileage work on the ER?
Check out the video and written instructions in the Navigation Portlet on your dashboard under ER Instructions.
Why would my ER be rejected?
There are various reasons why your ER could be rejected, such as:
- A receipt needs to be attached
- The business purpose was missed or incomplete
- A personal expense has been claimed
- An error has been found that needs correcting
How do I know when my ER has been rejected?
You will see a red X next to the ER on the Expense Report Portlet. There will also be an indication in the Reminders Portlet under Rejected Expense Reports.
How do I know why my ER has been rejected?
You will see why the ER was rejected by clicking on Rejection Reason in the sub-tab above where you entered your expenses. Click “Edit” to make the necessary change(s).
How do I resubmit a rejected ER?
Once you have updated your ER according to the Reject Reason, click “Save”, and then click “Resubmit”. Your ER will go through the approval process once again.