If you’re already involved in church and ministry, and you’re ready to take your involvement to the next level . . .
If you enjoy working outdoors and you’re not afraid of hard work in hot weather . . .
If you’re interested in engaging with different cultures in an international mission environment . . .
. . . then the Rancho El Camino summer internship may be for you!
What is Rancho el Camino?
Set in the Baja peninsula of Mexico, on the outskirts of La Paz, Rancho El Camino serves the local community through recreational therapy and community development. The staff provide tutoring, equestrian classes, kids’ clubs and other outreaches — all geared toward making disciples who know and serve God.
As a summer intern, you’ll participate in the daily rhythms of the ranch and live in close community with interns, staff and short-term summer teams from a variety of cultures. A typical day will include engaging in morning devotions; helping to plan and run a summer camp for local kids and youth; working on manual labor projects; and assisting international short-term groups. In the midst of the daily work that keeps the Ranch running, you’ll discover time and space for spiritual growth.
What Should I Expect?
- Expect to get firsthand experience in cross-cultural ministry and to gain understanding about your own gifts and passions.
- Expect to be discipled by other ranch staff as you serve together.
- Expect to be stretched in your capacity to lead, to work with a team and to tackle new problems.
- Expect to grow in your personal character and in your relationship with Jesus.
- Expect to get dirty and sweat a lot!
- Expect to have free time to visit the beautiful beaches of La Paz, to walk the boardwalk, to enjoy the surrounding desert and to soak in the tranquility of the ranch.
- Expect to find God in traditional ministry and in the ordinary tasks of daily life.
How Long Does the Internship Last?
The internship is open for college and high school students, ages 16 and up. The internship is six weeks for college students and four weeks for high school students. College interns must be a full year out of high school before serving.
What are Past Interns Saying?